So you have contemplated on whether it is time to start my family. You have finished school, got married or planning on it, make enough money and are just plain tired of people asking you “when are you going to have children”? All the while you are thinking to yourself…. Are they going to feed those children, clothe them, pay for day care, and change their daily schedule?? No, no one will giving that helping hand when the baby novelty wears off, so you have to be ready for it. let me give you a drop of advice……
1. You will never be completely ready for the most drastic change in your life.
2. It is the most drastic change of your life 🙂
3. You have to want it for yourself, because it is a full time commitment.
4. Stop trying to plan every second of your life, children change those plans at a moments notice.
5. There is no Morning Sickness, it’s all day 🙂
6. What ever food you liked, say goodbye during the first trimester!
7. Last but not least….. You will never be more in love then you are the moment you find out your pregnant. Every ache, pain, vomit, and midnight cravings will be worth it. It gets better 🙂
The first trimester was a bit traumatic. You don’t know what is normal and what’s not, so your always calling the doctor. Once you get to the second trimester, things really start looking up. I’m at week 19 tomorrow and I’m so grateful that I get to enjoy it now. This thing called “round ligament pain” will be your worst enemy. It’s a sneaky one, so be on the look out. Also, you may grow rapidly once you hit second trimester. Your body may get tense, so consider a good workout routine, I met with a prenatal trainer last week and she is showing me what I need to stay fit during this pregnancy. They say to watch what you eat, but trust me, I know it’s hard especially when you can’t keep much down. I ate noodles, baked potatoes, French fries, sandwiches and 3 hamburgers throughout the first trimester. The funny part is, I rarely ate starches before pregnancy and detested beef!! I couldn’t go near fruit or vegetables or anything sweet. I still can’t have the fruit except for mandarin oranges (want some now)! My usual snacks are cereal and triscuits. Oh, and i only drink water. Definitely can’t have orange juice and I water down my grape juice, ok, that’s all for this week. See ya next week!! And don’t forget, I’m waiting for your baby and family stories, even if your not pregnant yet!!